Plant protection products are now used in almost every garden. These may be artificial preparations as well as natural extracts and infusions. One thing's for sure. For their correct application we need a sprayer. Which model to choose?
Which sprayer works best?
Which sprayer works best? Many sprayer models are available on the market. They differ in many ways. They have a different price, capacity, mechanism of operation or type of materials used for their production. No wonder that choosing the right variant can be quite a challenge.
It is worth noting that sprayers are actually multifunctional devices. We can use them not only to protect plants against the harmful effects of atmospheric factors, diseases, weeds and pests, but also to spray or fertilize. Everything depends on our needs.
With regard to the mechanism of operation, there are two main types of sprayers:
- Pulsed sprayers are the simplest solutions in terms of construction, where spraying takes place when you press the lever with your hand,
- Pressure sprayers have a slightly different design. They are equipped with a pump that allows them to generate pressure in the tank before spraying. This design makes the pressure sprayer more evenly spray liquid, making it more efficient.
The backpack pressure sprayers are very popular on the market, which, as the name suggests, we put on our backs. It is a convenient solution, because then the weight of the tool spreads evenly on both arms, so that we can move freely, having a really big weight on the back.
The advantage of the backpack pressure sprayer is not only its convenience, but also its large capacity. Thanks to it, when filling the whole tank, we can easily spray a large garden or a medium-size orchard. It is very important if we want to perform the procedure without any breaks.
When choosing a rucksack sprayer, the following technical parameters must be taken into account:
- Capacity - models from 12 to 20 litres are available on the market. The size of your sprayer depends on the size of the terrain and your individual preferences. It is worth remembering that the higher the capacity of the equipment, the heavier it will be,
- the material from which the tank was made - usually it is plastic, which ensures proper tightness of the device. However, before we buy them, it is worth checking the quality of the tank. It must not have any scratches or cracks,
- Lance length - this determines the spraying range and should be adjusted to our preferences,
- the material from which the nozzle is made should be brass, as there is no deposit on it, which in time could completely block the flow of liquid,
- Pressure gauge - this is a useful accessory that shows how much pressure there is in the tank,
- size of the filling opening - the larger the filling opening, the easier it will be for us to fill in the liquid,
- the lever action - it should already work at light pressure,
- filter in the suction pipe - reduces the risk of nozzle blockage,
- spare parts - although pressure sprayers have a long service life, they are subject to wear and tear. Therefore, it is worth checking whether the manufacturer has attached a basic repair kit to the equipment, which will allow us to deal with minor failures, such as a faulty gasket.
The visibility of the liquid indicator is also important for the comfort of using the device. This allows you to control the amount of spray during the spraying process.
It is worth knowing that not only manual backpack sprayers, but also battery and combustion sprayers are available on the market. Their greatest advantage is that they do not require manual pumping, which significantly increases the comfort of equipment operation.
The backpack pressure sprayer is an extremely useful device, especially if you have a large area to spray. When choosing the right model, let's pay attention to its capacity first of all. This is because it affects the comfort of operation of the device.